Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

It's hard to believe it's Christmas Eve. I hope this finds everyone well and excited about Santa's arrival.

Congratulations to Janelle and Adam on the birth of Kyla. Not sure of her stats but you can view Kyla's first photos at Jan's shutterfly.com online album. Congratulations also to gradparents, David and JoAnn.

In the past couple weeks, I have had a couple things bring me joy. I know that probably sounds silly but joy is the only word that describes this emotion: the feeling of re-connecting with special people from my past.

First, I received a Christmas card from Susan Goulet (well, her name isn't Goulet anymore but she's Bob's daughter and not sure it's wise to put last names here). Enclosed she sent three pictures: two of her beautiful daughter, Samantha and one of herself and Samantha together. It has probably been 10+ years or so since I last saw her. I've thought of her often and missed her lots. I would like so much to visit her in person in the near future.

Next, I called an old friend I first met at Amber's kindergarten orientation, 13 years ago. I felt a little sheepish because I hadn't called her since moving back to Oregon. But Doreen and I are always able to pick up where we left off. She is a great friend and I love her like a sister. I cannot wait to see her next month. I have one more of those calls to make. Joanne is anxious to hear from me... I sent her a Christmas card. She responded by telling me to get ahold of her now! I know she'll forgive me but I feel sort of guilty for neglecting these two friends who I value so much.

Yesterday, I had to run in to Target to get a couple last minute things and by the time I got parked and walked into the store, I was asking myself, "What am I thinking! This is a madhouse!" But do you think it was just coincidence that I bumped into my good friend/locker partner from high school, Erin, whom I hadn't seen in 22 years?! I said her name (something that I wouldn't have done 22 years ago, shy as I was) and we stood in the store hugging and catching up on our lives in ten minutes time. She looked great and told me the same. We promised we would keep in touch and would make arrangements for getting together and trying to track down some of the other "kids" we were friends with back then.

JOY! : )

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas filled with your own flavor of joy, peace, and love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

exercise tips