Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Taste of Spring

The past few days have been beautiful but I awoke to grey skies and rain again today. I had a minor mishap over the weekend while out enjoying the warmer weather.

We took the dogs on a short road trip to the coast. In my attempt to leash-up and get the dogs out of the car, the puppy got loose! She has no respect for my authority--obviously, and took off. In my frantic state of panic (and I do not use that word lightly), in all my clumsiness, I flew across the parking lot only to trip and hit the asphalt. It seemed like forever before I hit the ground and by the time I did, the dog had run away. Panic gave way to terror as I lost sight of her. Luckily, Steve was able to intercept her just before she slid under a gate where a very large sounding dog was barking loudly. It seemed like a long-slow-motion drama, the whole thing had taken place in probably less than 30 seconds time.

Bruised and banged up, I couldn't off the ground. After receiving assistance from a stranger, I got up and hobbled around the corner to find the dog scared and cowering near Steve. I scooped her up, loaded the other dogs in the car, jumped in and we took off.

Afterwards, I felt sick to my stomach but I know it could have been much worse. I'm still limping but nothing was broken. I just don't think I want to hit the ground again anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

exercise tips