Monday, February 05, 2007

Techno-phobia - ?

hmm...

okay...

Maybe I have an advantage considering that I sit in front of my laptop at a minimum of eight hours per day. And I am used to answering surveys, communicating via email and instant messages. And in my position as a business analyst, using data to make decisions and manage projects. But I must admit, I'm still confused about why in such a large group of people, there is minimal networking. I have created tools to help maximize the ease of gathering data, presenting info, and inviting open communication. So, I'm left to assume... Maybe everyone's afraid of sharing personal information online. I know I hate getting inundated with spam emails but the tools I have chosen to use are secure (linkedin, blogger, surveymonkey, yahoo) and I don't think anyone would be at risk by sharing. Or maybe everyone's just too busy. Please let me know if I'm expecting too much or if you're happy with the status quo.

Also, as long as I'm asking questions: I feel fortunate to have grown up around a large extended family. What I do not understand is whether or not you're sharing this info with your adult kids. Are they interested in knowing cousins, aunts & uncles? I have contacted a couple cousins I haven't met before and they were open to the idea of getting together. But I cannot locate EVERYONE by myself. So I am asking you to either send me your other family members' contact info or to let me know if they're not interested by either leaving a comment here, messaging me at the yahoo group, emailing me directly, or completing the survey.

Hope to hear from you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

exercise tips